Re: how to configure my new server

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: how to configure my new server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, eric soroos wrote:

> running on a rocketraid card (kernel thinks it's scsi) is faster than
> onboard controllers

How many transactions per second can you get on a single RAID or stripe
system using this card?

I found that the write performance for large writes on an Escalade 7850
was great, but I couldn't coax more than about 120 writes per second
out of the thing in any configuration (even writing to separate disks
in JBOD mode), which made it very disappointing for database use. (The
individual disks on the controller, modern IBM 60 GB IDEs, could do
about 90 writes per second.)

cjs

Сообщение: Re: how to configure my new server
Сообщение: Re: how to configure my new server