Re: index scan cost

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: index scan cost
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Dennis Brakhane wrote:

> The "fast" server makes a much more accurate estimation of the number
> of rows to expect (4 rows are returning, 1 was estimated). The "slow"
> server estimates 1151 rows. Try running ANALYZE on the slow one

You're quite right.  I probably didn't mention that the slow one has been
analyzed several times.  In fact, every time adjusted the statistics target
for that column I analyzed, thus the eventually better, but still inaccurate
estimates toward the bottom of the post.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/