Re: trouble with pg_dumpall

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: trouble with pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Tena Sakai wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> You cuaght me with a fine point.
>
>> but I didn't see HOME being exported.
>
> I have changed the script accordingly:
>
> And the result/my claim remains the same as before:
>
>  pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>
> I see just one more option.  Namely, to change the
> postgres user entry for pg_hba.conf to "trust" for
> a short period as pg_dumpall starts and then put it
> back to the way normally is (md5).  I would rather
> not do that and get .pgpass or PGPASSFILE to work
> for me.

I didn't really expect that to make a difference.  What does your .pgpass look
like?  What OS user are you running the cron job as?  Do you have SELINUX
enabled?  Can you run the script with the strace command I sent in a previous
email so that we can see what's really going on?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/