Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Dave Page wrote:

> Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 01:33:47PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>>> When we outgrow PostgreSQL & Tsearch2, then, well, we'll need to stop
>>> pretending to be Google...
>>
>> Just for the record: Google has been known to sponsor sites in need with
>> Google Minis and such earlier -- I don't know what their[1] policy is on the
>> matter, but if tsearch2 should at some point stop being usable for indexing
>> postgresql.org, asking them might be worth a shot.
>
> I think if postgresql.org outgrows tsearch2 then the preferred solution
> would be to improve tsearch2/postgresql, but thanks for the tip :-)

Guys, current tsearch2 should works with millions of documents. Actually,
the performance killer is the necessity to consult heap to calculate rank
which is unavoidably slow, since one need to read all records.
Search itself is incredibly fast ! If we find a way to store an additional
information in index and workout visibility issue, full text search will
be damn fast.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB
Сообщение: Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB