Re: Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Arnau wrote:

>  I've got a DB in production that is bigger than 2GB that dumping it
> takes more than 12 hours. I have a new server to replace this old one
> where I have restore the DB's dump. The problem is I can't afford to
> have the server out of business for so long, so I need your advice about
> how you'd do this dump/restore. The big amount of data is placed in two
> tables (statistics data), so I was thinking in dump/restore all except
> this two tables and once the server is running again I'd dump/restore
> this data. The problem is I don't know how exactly do this.

Arnau,

2GB and it takes 12 hours?  What sort of server is this running on?  Does your
postgresql.conf have all default values perhaps? I routinely dump DBs that are
4-8GB in size and it takes about 10-15 minutes.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/