Re: availability of SATA vendors

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: availability of SATA vendors
Дата
Re: availability of SATA vendors
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Bucky Jordan wrote:

> Dells (at least the 1950 and 2950) come with the Perc5, which is
> basically just the LSI MegaRAID. The units I have come with a 256MB BBU,
> I'm not sure if it's upgradeable, but it looks like a standard DIMM in
> there...
>
> I posted some dd and bonnie++ benchmarks of a 6-disk setup a while back
> on a 2950, so you might search the archive for those numbers if you're
> interested- you should be able to get the same or better from a
> similarly equipped LSI setup. I don't recall if I posted pgbench
> numbers, but I can if that's of interest.

I could only find the 6 disk RAID5 numbers in the archives that were run with
bonnie++1.03.  Have you run the RAID10 tests since?  Did you settle on 6 disk
RAID5 or 2xRAID1 + 4XRAID10?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL underestimates sorting
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL underestimates sorting