Re: remote connections to Windows based server

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: remote connections to Windows based server
Дата
Re: remote connections to Windows based server
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Paul Forgey wrote:

> I am running the pre-built Windows version of postgresql 8.1.  I have a local
> LAN with a 10.6/16 network. Apparently there's something more than what's in
> the FAQ or my interpretation of the manual to get remote connections working.
>
> pg_hba.conf:
> host all all 10.6/16 md5
> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

Paul,

Did you try:
host all all 10.6.0.0/16 md5

?

I believe you must list all 4 octets of the subnet.  It says this in the docs:

The mask length indicates the number of high-order bits of the client IP
address that must match. Bits to the right of this must be zero in the given
IP address.

Which tells me the 0s have to be there.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>