Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Jeff Frost wrote:

>> As for Jeanna's problem, I don't see any password prompt at all in her
>> example.  I've forgotten the details, but wasn't there a password
>> prompting problem with 8.0.x on Windows?
>>

> It worked great with 8.1.4.  Let me download 8.0.8 and try that on Windows
> since that appears to be what she's using.  More later.

Looks like the windows 8.0.8 psql worked fine against my running windows
8.1.4 server:

C:\temp\pgsql\lib>..\bin\psql -h localhost -U postgres postgres
Password:

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

Warning: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
          8-bit characters may not work correctly. See psql reference
          page "Notes for Windows users" for details.

postgres=#

Do you remember if the problem was on the 8.0.8 server side that caused the
lack of prompting?

--
Jeff 'Frosty' Frost - AFM #996 - Frost Consulting, LLC Racing
http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/    http://www.motonation.com/