Re: SQL Standards Compliance With Case

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: SQL Standards Compliance With Case
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> It's probably worth pointing out here that the MySQL behavior they seem to
> be expecting is considerably further from the spec than Postgres's
> behavior.  If I'm reading between the lines correctly, they are expecting
> foo and Foo (both written without double-quotes) to be distinct
> identifiers.  But these are the same identifier per spec, because the spec
> *requires* case-folding of unquoted identifiers.

   Thanks very much, Tom.

   It turns out that the problem was index names. I tried to solve that, but
being unfamiliar with the entire application structure, I ended up defining
the same index name more than once. Sigh.

   I do appreciate the insight about case. I've always used only lower case
for table and field names, even back in the DOS days when I was writing
database applications in C.

Rich