Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 19 May 2006, Simon Riggs wrote:

>> Now I can run my same pg_bench, or do you guys
>> have any other suggestions on attempting to reproduce the problem?
>
> No. We're back on track to try to reproduce the original error.

I've been futzing with trying to reproduce the original problem for a few days
and so far postgres seems to be just fine with a long delay on archiving, so
now I'm rather at a loss.  In fact, I currently have 1,234 xlog files in
pg_xlog, but the archiver is happily archiving one every 5 minutes.  Perhaps
I'll try a long delay followed by a failure to see if that could be it.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/