Re: Massive performance issues

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: Massive performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Well I've got 1GB of RAM, but from analysis of its use, a fair amount
> isn't being used. About 50% is actually in use by applications and about
> half of the rest is cache and the rest isn't being used. Has this to do
> with the max_fsm_pages and max_fsm_relations settings? I've pretty much
> not touched the configuration and it's the standard Debian package.

Matt, have a look at the annotated postgresql.conf for 7.x here:

http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/annotated_conf_e.html

If you have the default settings, you're likely hampering yourself quite a
bit.  You probably care about shared_buffers, sort_mem,
vacuum_mem, max_fsm_pages, effective_cache_size

Also, you may want to read the  PostgreSQL 8.0 Performance Checklist.  Even
though it's for 8.0, it'll give you good ideas on what to change in 7.4.  You
can find it here: http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList/

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Сообщение: Re: Massive performance issues
Сообщение: Re: Massive performance issues