Re: run httpd and postgresql on different machines ?

От Christian Fowler
Тема Re: run httpd and postgresql on different machines ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
One machine to run httpd + php and a separate machine for postgres is very
common and highly recommended.

For safety, I would recommend using a private network (192.168.0.*) to
connect the two machines, so your DB machine does not even have a public
IP address. Ideally, use gigabit between the two machines.

Be sure you configure your pg_hba.conf properly too.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Chuming Chen wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I want to set up a web site using apache httpd, php and postgresql. From the
> performance point of view, which  architecture is better? 1)  Run httpd and
> postgresql on the same machine; 2) Run postgresql on seperate machine. My
> concern is that the machine I am going to run httpd has limitted storage. I
> am expecting the increasing of postgresql database once I set it ip.
>
> Any suggestions and comments will be highly appreciated.
>
> --
> Chuming Chen
> System Administrator
> NHLBI Proteomics Center
> Medical University of South Carolina
> 135 Cannon Street, Suite 303
> Charleston SC 29425
> Tel: 843-792-1555 (O)
> Fax: 843-876-1126

>     joining column's datatypes do not match

[ \ /
[ >X<   Christian Fowler      | spider AT viovio.com
[ / \   http://www.viovio.com | http://www.tikipro.org