Re: Some vacuum & tuning help

От Peter Childs
Тема Re: Some vacuum & tuning help
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 5 Aug 2003 at 14:15, Peter Childs wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> >
> > > On 5 Aug 2003 at 8:09, Jeff wrote:
> > >
> > > I would suggest autovacuum daemon which is in CVS contrib  works for 7.3.x as
> > > well.. Or schedule a vacuum analyze every 15 minutes or so..
> >
> >     I've just got autovacum up and Since we have had a lot of talk
> > about it recently..... I thought some feed back might be useful.
> >     It seams to work quite well. But can be rather zelous on its
> > analysing for the first few hours. Curretly its analysig static (ie
> > nothigs changed) tables every 10minites. Vacuums seam to be about right.
> >     I think that many vacuums may be slowing does my database....

    Sorry typo big time

it should read

"I think that may analysing may may be slowing down my database.

> IIRC there is per operation threshold. If update threshold is 5% and table is
> 2% updatedit, then it should not look at it at all.

    I left it with debug over night and it improved to that after 5
hours. switch the debug down (to 1) this morning and it has not settled
down yet.

> It's worth mentioning that you should start auto vacuum daemon on a clean
> database. i.e. no pending vacuum. It is not supposed to start with a database
> which has lots of clean up pending. The essence of auto vacuum daemon is to
> maintain a clean database in clean state..
>
> I agree, specifying per table thresholds would be good in autovacuum..

Peter  Childs

Сообщение: Re: Some vacuum & tuning help
Сообщение: Re: Some vacuum & tuning help