Re: Some vacuum & tuning help

От Peter Childs
Тема Re: Some vacuum & tuning help
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 5 Aug 2003 at 8:09, Jeff wrote:
>
> I would suggest autovacuum daemon which is in CVS contrib  works for 7.3.x as
> well.. Or schedule a vacuum analyze every 15 minutes or so..

    I've just got autovacum up and Since we have had a lot of talk
about it recently..... I thought some feed back might be useful.
    It seams to work quite well. But can be rather zelous on its
analysing for the first few hours. Curretly its analysig static (ie
nothigs changed) tables every 10minites. Vacuums seam to be about right.
    I think that many vacuums may be slowing does my database....

Peter Childs