Re: Passwords and batch processes (was Re: Problem with

От David F. Skoll
Тема Re: Passwords and batch processes (was Re: Problem with
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> 7.3 will have a password file read from the user's home directory that
> will handle this;  it can support multiple usernames in the same file.

Sounds good.  I assume you will pick the password based on
the username/database server/database name combination?

And I'm sure you'll do security checks on the file before using it
(owned by the user, not world-readable, all parent directories have
sane permissions and ownerships.)  But I'll post this anyway as a gentle
reminder. :-)

Regards,

David.

Сообщение: Re: Passwords and batch processes (was Re: Problem with Dump)
Сообщение: Re: Passwords and batch processes (was Re: Problem with