Re: connections

От postgresql@fruru.com
Тема Re: connections
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, jaya wrote:

> Hi, The documentation on MAX_CONNECTIONS mentions default of 32
> connections and a compiled in hard upper limit of 1024 connections. It
> also mentions that it can be altered when compiling the server.
>
> Does this mean that the upper limit can be increased to more than 1024
> at the time of server startup?
Guess so, if the server (and the libraries which the server uses) have
been configured and compiled to support more than 1024 concurrent
connections.

Why would you want more than 1024 simultaneous connections to the same
database instance ? (Perhaps some connection pooling could help reduce
your requirements)

> what will be the typical number of concurrent users if the
> MAX_CONNECTIONS is kept at 32 ?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'd suppose it would be between 0 and 32...

Cheers
Tycho

--
Tycho Fruru            tycho.fruru@conostix.com
Users' impressions of different operating systems, expressed as emoticons:

От: "jaya"
Сообщение: connections
От: "Nick Fankhauser"
Сообщение: A plan returned by explain doesn't make sense to me