Re: License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Eric Yum wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> I am a developer of one commercial organization. We are going to develop
> some applications with PostgreSQL 7.3.3. I learn from some websites that
> it cost no charge for developing software with PostgreSQL in commercial
> environment. However, I saw the PostgreSQL is under two type of
> licenses, namely, X11-style license
> <http://www.fsf.org/licenses/info/X11.html>  and BSD license for the
> following websites,
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/licence.html
> http://www.gnu.org/directory/database/servers/postgresql.html

Postgresql falls under an X11 LIKE license, which happens to be the BSD
license.  Of the links listed, the only definitive one is the one from
www.postgresql.org

Postgresql is free for use in all instances, commercial or otherwise.
The only requirements are the ones listed on the licence page you listed.
I.e. you have to include the copyright notice.

So, it's free as in beer (no cost) and free as in freedom (no restrictions
on use.)

Сообщение: Re: License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose
Сообщение: Re: License for PostgreSQL for commercial purpose