Re: Driver.connect Timeout

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Driver.connect Timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Jeff Kolesky wrote:

> As it turns out, I have been working on a solution that will allow
> you to do just what you want.  My company has been running into a
> problem when a database goes down, that the Driver hangs when trying
> to create a connection.  In response, I added in a way to set the
> socket timeout during connection creation.

Could you be more specific about the problem that this solves?  I was
under the impression that the call that really needed to be changed was
connection = new Socket(host,post) in the PGStream constructor because a
dns or other network error could make this take a long time before timing
out.  Without testing it, your patch looks like it only is useful in the
case where a connection has been established, but hasn't gone through the
authentication process and the database crashed in that split second.

Kris Jurka