Re: Authentication Question

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Authentication Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Epps, Aaron M. wrote:

>     I've got an authentication questions.  I've just setup pg_hba.conf
> to use "local    all    all    trust" for testing purposes, but when the
> application I'm using tries to connect to the PostgreSQL Db (Using PHP)
> I get the following error.
>
> > " Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "webuser" . in
> /var/www/html/issue-tracker/includes/classes/dbi.class.php on line 98 "
>
> To me, it looks like PostgreSQL is still trying to authenticate, even
> though it should be trusting all local socket connections.  BTW, the web
> server and PostgreSQL server are on the same machine, so it's a local
> connection, not host.  Do I need to modify anything in pg_ident.conf?
> I'd appreciate any help you can offer.  Thx.

Two possibilities.

1:  You have another line that says something like:

127.0.0.1 all all ident

and you're connecting like so:

pg_connect("host=hostname dbname=...");

OR

2:  You need to restart your server:

pg_ctl restart

OR

pg_ctl reload

There are a handful of options, like shared buffers, that can only be
changed by restart, not reload.  I'm pretty sure pg_hba.conf can be reset
by either restart or reload.