Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?

От Tomka Gergely
Тема Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
2003-10-27 ragyogó napján Paul Ganainm ezt üzente:

> Hi all,
>

> At home I have a Windows 1.6 GHz Pentium box which I use for accessing
> the internet &c. I have two old machines doing nothing at the moment -
> one is a late 486 (60 MHz) and the other is an early Pentium (75 MHz). I
> have run Linux on both of these machines in the past.
>

> I would like to set these older machines up to run PostgreSQL and
> administer the dbs from the Windows box.
>

> Are there any issues in doing this that I should be aware of (apart from
> a speed penalty which I expect to have to pay)?

You must watch the memory usage. With 32MB RAM sometimes, very rarely the
kernel killed apache or postmaster. But with 64 megs and ~200 Mbyte swap
must run without trouble.

--
Tomka Gergely
"S most - vajon barbárok nélkül mi lesz velünk?

Сообщение: Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?