Re: pg 7.3.4 and linux box crash

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: pg 7.3.4 and linux box crash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, pginfo wrote:

> Hi,
> I am runing linux red hat 7.3 (standart install)
> on dual athlon box , 1 GB ram and pg 7.3.4.
>
> If I try to access with pgAdmin one from my tables (i contains ~ 1 M
> records)
> the linux box crashes.

WAIT.  Do you mean you get a kernel panic?  Or the box locks up tight?  Or
the box reboots?

Or does Postgresql crash?

Or does the linux box complain about a bad hard drive and stop running
postgresql?

If linux is crashing, that is NOT postgresql's fault.  An app can't crash
an OS without root level access, and Postgresql ain't got that.

> In my pg log I can find:
> ERROR:  Invalid page header in block 5604 of a_acc
>
> before this error I see also :
> FATAL:  Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections
> ERROR:  Relation "pg_relcheck" does not exist
>
> and
>
> ERROR:  'ksqo' is not a valid option name

This sounds like you are using an older pgaccess on a newer postgresql
database.  Once upon a time, apps could connect to template0.  That is no
longer the case.