Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Azkia H.Syed wrote:

> Scenario: I want to modify the PostgreSQL source code to customize per customer requirements, add new features and
thenpackage PostgreSQL with my own developed application. Then I want to sell/lease that sw/hw package to customer. I
willonly sell/lease software binaries to the customer and not the source code of modified PostgreSQL and my
application.
> i.e; I am charging money for the software(sw) and only providing binaries to the customer.
> Q-1: Is that legal and ok to do that?
> ReplyToEmail: azkias@earthlink.net

Yep.  It's legal.  I think you might have to include a copyright notice,
see the license here:

http://www.postgresql.org/licence.html