Re: How to efficiently duplicate a whole schema?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: How to efficiently duplicate a whole schema?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Sebastien Lemieux <slemieux@elitra.com> writes:
> > All the time is taken at the commit of both transaction.
>
> Sounds like the culprit is foreign-key checks.
>
> One obvious question is whether you have your foreign keys set up
> efficiently in the first place.  As a rule, the referenced and
> referencing columns should have identical datatypes and both should
> be indexed.  (PG will often let you create foreign key constraints
> that don't meet these rules ... but performance will suffer.)

Is this one of those things that should spit out a NOTICE when it happens?
I.e. when a table is created with a references and uses a different type
than the parent, would it be a good idea to issue a "NOTICE: parent and
child fields are not of the same type"

Сообщение: Re: How to efficiently duplicate a whole schema?
Сообщение: Re: How to efficiently duplicate a whole schema?