Re: Max file size

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Max file size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, mauricio wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm evaluating some DB and one of the things i'd like to know is the
> maximum size of a file that postgres can handle with. cause i'm planning
> to have a centalized database the must have some billion records.

In it's default configuration Postgresql autosplits table at approximately
1 gigabyte.  Therefore, it has no built in limit to table size.

If you have an OS that can handle larger files, you can compile postgresql
to use larger file sizes.  I have seen no great improvement in speed in
using one large file for a table over splitting at 1Gig.