Re: cannot read block 319 - Input/output Error

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: cannot read block 319 - Input/output Error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, shreedhar wrote:

> Why I could not able to take total backup of my database. Either I take
> backup or Vaccum I am getting error in following table. How Can I solve
> this problem.
>
> NOTICE:  --Relation tblprojectfunctions--
> ERROR:  cannot read block 319 of tblprojectfunctions: Input/output error
> vacuumdb: vacuum  pmnew_4 failed

You've likely got a bad block on your hard drive.  Does the backup
complete except for that one table being munged?  If so, try backing up as
much of the table as you can (i.e. figure out which records cause the
error and backup all the other ones in that table).

The data in that sector is most likely gone.