Re: looking for large dataset

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: looking for large dataset
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 3 May 2003, Antoine wrote:

> I was woundering where could I find a nice large dataset.  Perhaps 50
> thousand records or more

I've attached a PHP script called mktestdb that reads in the dictionary at
/usr/share/dict/words,  and inserts a user defined number of rows into a
user defined number of columns.

It's ugly and simple.  Just pipe the output to a text file or psql and off
you go.

usage:

mktestdb tablename [rows [cols]]

default of 1 column and 1000 rows.

It would be easy enough to rewrite this in something more portable if
someone wanted to.

Вложения