Re: Mirroring with WAL?

От Giles Constant
Тема Re: Mirroring with WAL?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> In its present form it's far too bulky to be kept around over any long
> period of time --- or didn't you notice all the squawks about WAL files
> overrunning disk as soon as anyone had a long-running transaction?

hm..  How does this compare with the Oracle system?  Are the Oracle logs
smaller?  This is how we perform most of our mirroring with Oracle, and
yes, it does produce rather large files, but once the most recent file has
been transferred over and uploaded into the mirror database, they get
deleted.  Admittedly this involves lots of cron writing, but it works..
:-)

--
Giles Constant, Systems Programmer
Hyperlink Interactive