Re: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Nick Fankhauser wrote:

> AM-
>
> The band-aid patch is to increase the number of connections available. Check
> out this link to the idocs:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?runtime-config.html
>
> Maybe that will keep things running for you while you go over the code to
> learn why you're using more connections now. If you aren't using pooled
> connections, maybe you just have more users on the web.

But is there really that number of backends/connections present?

Could be a DoS on the web server but if it happens immediately on restart of
everything it must be an ongoing and pretty obvious attack.

I see that error message in storage/ipc/sinval.c (7.2.3) so it could be some
sort kernel limit on shared memory connections or something like that. I
haven't looked further than a grep so I could be completely wrong in that
suggestion.

--
Nigel J. Andrews