Re: newbie qs; fixing and checking databases

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: newbie qs; fixing and checking databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Rusty Wright wrote:
> >> Are there commands provided with postgresql for checking the databases
> >> and also for repairing them?
>
> > We don't have checks because thing rarely break.
>
> Or at least: there are seldom any programmable-in-advance patterns to
> our failures.  We prefer to put our efforts into preventing problems
> rather than cleaning up after 'em...

Does this question mean that there known, detectable data integrity (not
referential integrity) problems with MySQL?

Wondering because it seems an odd question to me and it could be a factor in a
descision, although the number of MySQL installations out there one would have
to there is no problem or all those web sites surely would be terribly unhappy.

[Note, I have no intention of starting a DB war this is a genuine interest from
a complete MySQL newbie who's got to look at it on a best tool for the project
basis.]

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director