Re: multiple instances on one box?

От Andrew Perrin
Тема Re: multiple instances on one box?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I won't claim to understand that fully, but just would say that I'd be
worried if a postmaster went down -- worried enough that I'd want to have
backup hardware in a mission-critical situation, not just a backup
postmaster instance. What's the theoretical case in which a postmaster
dies or is inaccessible but the same machine could serve the same database
with a different process?

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu