Re: [HACKERS] Poll: Databases for Linux

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Poll: Databases for Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> As Jeff mentioned earlier today, there is a poll going on at
> http://www.linux.com that asks:
>
> Several high-quality databases are available for Linux.  Which database,
> if any, does your company primarily use with its Linux servers?
>
> Right now, PostgreSQL is lagging MySQL 21% to 48% ...
>
> Who hasn't voted? :)  Get out there and make yourself heard, eh?

   Yesterday I spent a few minutes trying to choose the DB to vote for. I
am using both Postgres and MySQL - different tasks require different
aproaches and solutions - and I am satisfied with both DBs. There are
niches for both of them.
   Finally I voted for Postgres - just because MySQL already has its votes :)

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: