Re: PG_VERSION Errors???

От Walter M. Yuan
Тема Re: PG_VERSION Errors???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
HI, Lamar,

A quick question on the "dump/initdb/restore" cycle: I don't think that it
works that well, at least from my recent experience. With just a small db
(approx 2MB of dumped size), I failed to use restore as it ran out of
query buffer. Instead, I had to import the schemas first and then load
each table (or sub-table) separately. Quite few people suggested me to use
either pg_lo or upgrade to the beta-7.0 (where query length is no longer
limited to 2 block-size)... I just want to confirm w/ you on this, thanks.

btw, for the regression test, I can't find the makefile.global which is
required to compile the executables. Did I miss sth? Thanks again.

Regards,

Walter

Walter M. Yuan--  CASSEL, Dept. of Econ.
Bunche Hall, UCLA,
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(CIT) :626-395-8091; (UCLA):310-206-7466