Re: [ANNOUNCE] New PostgreSQL book on web site

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] New PostgreSQL book on web site
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am in the process of writing a book about PostgreSQL for Addison,
> Wesley to be published in 2000.
>
> The book is tentatively titled, "PostgreSQL:  Introduction and
> Concepts."  The book is on our web site now in HTML and PDF formats.  It
> will be updated nightly as I continue writing the book.
>
> Go to:
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/docs
>
> Under documentation, you will see the entry "Published Book".
>
> >From http://www.postgresql.org, it is under Info Central/Documentation.
>
> Comments are welcomed.

Bruce,

Is this book to be available online *after* publication?  Just curious
as the FreeBSD guide is NOT due to copyright restrictions...and I view
that as rather unfortunate.  (It would be cool if Marc could include
it on future PG cd's.)  Anyway, looks good so far!

Useless suggestion:

I'd jazz up the title abit.  Maybe the 'Official Guide to Programming
(and Using) PostgreSQL'...after all your authoring this tome makes it
official and that carries more weight than some fellow at Que writing
a `Teach Yourself Postgres In 24 Hours'.  (I like a bit of alliteration
so the `Programming PostgreSQL' works for me.  ;-)

My two cents,
Tom Good

(Break a Leg!)

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                          Phone: 718-354-5528
                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */