Compilation error

От Pedro Aguilar
Тема Compilation error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi, I'm new with postgres and I want to install the new version. I have
Linux RH5.0 with the old version but I never used it.

While I'm compiling, after a minute it shows the next error message:

> gmake -C parser all
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
> /usr/bin/yacc -d gram.y
> /usr/bin/yacc: f - maximum table size exceeded
> gmake[2]: *** [parse.h] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
> gmake[1]: *** [parser.dir] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I sent a mail from the postgreSQL's web page in 'report a bug' and they
told that it could be yacc, that I'd better use bison, but if the
Makefiles use yacc, I think it most work with it without problems.

Thanks.

                                Pedro Aguilar Iniestra
                                paguilar@linux.ccm.itesm.mx