Re: [ADMIN] JDBC driver

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [ADMIN] JDBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Gabor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of my users needs a JDBC driver for Postgres, where do I find the
> darn thing?  The machine is Intel PII 400 running FreeBSD 3.0.  I went
> to the javasoft site but the only applicable driver was from OpenLink
> and wasn't for FreeBSD.

Since V6.3, its in the src/interfaces/jdbc directory. To build cd into
that directory, and type 'make' (or 'make examples' to build the driver
and the examples). You should then find the postgresql.jar file which you
can place into the CLASSPATH.

Also, as our driver is a type 4 JDBC driver, it will work on any platform
supporting the 1.1 JDK or later (I test it with 1.1.3 & 1.1.5)

ps: Don't forget to run the postmaster with the -i parameter...

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk