RE: Crash-me of PostgreSQL

От Karel Zak
Тема RE: Crash-me of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Riebs, Andy wrote:

> > Someone is working on an open database-independent benchmarking tool.
> > Does anyone know the status of that project?
>
> See <http://osdb.sourceforge.net> for the home page of the "Open Source
> Database Benchmark." We have early "working code" for the callable versions
> of both PostgreSQL and MySQL, but it has NOT been rigorously reviewed yet,
> nor does it support recent MySQL functionality. It would be interesting, but
> not necessarily useful, to use osdb to compare PostgreSQL and MySQL at this
> time.

 I still not understand what all compare, ... compare full dymamic/modular
PostgreSQL with static features (types, functions ..) in MySQL?

 The MySQL must be always faster - if not - MySQL developers are greenhorns -
but it isn't feasible.

 May be compare availability for some specific usage -- an example web
application, multi-user assecc vs. locks  ..etc., but some common tests
say nothing.

        Karel