Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> whole system make a lot more sense: individual partitions are really
>> tables. The partitioned tables themselves are just meta-objects like views.

If partition is a table, so I could define different indices for them ?
In our prototype of scaled full text search we create another index
which is optimized for "archived" (not changed) data - it's sort of
standard inverted index which is proven to be scaled, while tsearch2's index
is good for "online" data. All interfaces ( dictionaries, parsers, ranking)
are the same, so it's possible to combine search results.
This is rather easy to implement using table inheritance, but I'd like
to do this with partitioning

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Сообщение: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?