Re: Vacuum full on a big table

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Vacuum full on a big table
Дата
Re: Vacuum full on a big table
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Lee Wu wrote:

> I wish.
>
> I am having a table, size of more than 60G, with 2.04412e+08 rows.
> Vacuum full and reindex it just kill me.

In my case ( I have more than 500,000,000 rows) I had to
'select * into new_big_table from big_table'
it was faster and didn't kill server.
As a bonus, you could 'CLUSTER' your big table if add
'order by somekey';

After that, dont' forget to recreate indices and then you could
drop big_table and 'alter table new_big_table rename to big_table'.

Oleg

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83