Re: [OpenFTS-general] Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: [OpenFTS-general] Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, George Essig wrote:

> > Here are ideas for possible presentations that either people have
> > mentioned to me or I have been kicking around:
> >
> > Introduction to PostgreSQL - a brief run down on features,
> > set-up/administration, where to get help and information, where to find
> > add-on software,
> >
> > PostgreSQL on Windows -  Showcase postgresql native windows
> > (hopefully),
> > explain how the different tools work, cover ODBC information.
> >
> > From LRU to ARC -  explain the changes involved in the switch and the
> > reasoning behind it.
> >
> > Full Text Indexing with tsearch2 -  explain how it all works
>
> I would be willing to give a talk on tsearch2 at the 2004 O'Reilly Open Source Conference.  I'm
> using tsearch2 on some projects at work.  I would defer though to the authors of the software or
> documentation, or anyone else with more experience.

George, we (me and Teodor), would be happy to help you in preparing
your talk about tsearch2. There are many tips and tricks we learned from
peoples experience. Also, it would be useful to describe OpenFTS which uses
now tsearch2.