Re: Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?

От adb
Тема Re: Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oracle and DB2 also have a lot more kitchen sink features
sorta like the developers were bored and the marketing department
thought it would sound good to be able to say that the database
had a built in message queue and java vm etc....

If you work at a company that spends a lot of money and uses a lot
of third party aplications on top of the database it's hard to
avoid using one of the mainstream ones.

If you work at a company that tends to use things like linux or freebsd
and you have developers who write in things like C, perl, php, even java
etc.. then postgres is almost a no brainer.

Alex.