Re: Mergin a old dir with current system

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Mergin a old dir with current system
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:

> I've got a dir containing a valuable 6.5x db with one table, but I
> foolishly upgraded to 7.0 without pg_dumpall:in first.
>
> I tried going back to 6.53, vreated the db, then copied the backup to the
> place, but psql can't see the old table.

There's no way to "plug-in" tables files like that. You are more or less
out of luck. (The reason is that the table file only contains half the
truth. The other half is in the pg_log file that used to belong to it, but
it seems you don't have that anymore.)