beta3 CFLAGS issue on openbsd

От Jeremy Drake
Тема beta3 CFLAGS issue on openbsd
Дата
Re: beta3 CFLAGS issue on openbsd  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I was trying to compile 8.2beta3 on openbsd, and ran into an interesting
issue.  My account on the particular openbsd box has some restrictive
ulimit settings, so I don't have a lot of memory to work with.  I was
getting an out of memory issue linking postgres, while I did not before.
I figured out that the -g flag was being surreptitiously added to my
CFLAGS.  It was like pulling teeth trying to get the -g flag out.  I tried
--disable-debug to configure, which did not work.  I had to do
CFLAGS=-O2 ./configure ...

Is this a known feature in the betas to get people running with -g in case
things break, or is this a configure bug, or expected?

Here is the first bit from configure, note the -g in the using CFLAGS line
at the end.

jeremyd@resin(~/build/postgres/postgresql-8.2beta3)$ ./configure --prefix=/home/jeremyd/progs/pg82 --with-perl
--with-openssl--with-pgport=54322

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-openbsd3.9
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-openbsd3.9
checking which template to use... openbsd
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 54322
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking if cc supports -Wdeclaration-after-statement... no
checking if cc supports -Wendif-labels... yes
checking if cc supports -fno-strict-aliasing... yes
configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wendif-labels
-fno-strict-aliasing

--
It's odd, and a little unsettling, to reflect upon the fact that
English is the only major language in which "I" is capitalized; in many