Re: Using gettext (was Translation updates: errors_ru.properties)

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Using gettext (was Translation updates: errors_ru.properties)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Serguei A. Mokhov wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Kris Jurka wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately no one seems to be using gettext and Java together.
> > Searching google for "java gettext translation" unfortunately comes back
> > with the first result of my message to the list in January noting the
> > pros/cons of using gettext for our jdbc driver.  How do other large Java
> > projects handle this?  130 messages isn't really all that many, how
> > can a big project cope?
>
> They use gettext! :-)
>
> I googled for java+gettext+gnu and found:

That's not what this shows.  The search result shows that gettext has some
support for Java.  We already knew that.  In the email I cited I included
a sample Java project built with gettext support.

The question was what other Java projects are actually using gettext, and
I haven't seen any search results showing anyone actually using this
functionality.  This naturally makes me a bit suspicious because it looks
like an obvious at first solution.

Kris Jurka