Re: [PERFORM] started Data Warehousing

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: [PERFORM] started Data Warehousing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pablo.....

> I have a question, I am going to begin a project for the University in
> the area of Data Warehousing and I want to use postgres. Do you have
> some recommendation to me?

Yes.  Set up a linux machine if you don't have access to one so you can
load postgresql and start learning how postgresql works by playing with
it.  Even after you get the production database running you can use it for
testing (or even the main machine, depending, but it's nice to have a test
platform entirely removed from the hot database).

And start reading, read the pgsql newsgroups (and not just performance,
there are other more basic ones), read the online docs and books, and
there are printed books, too.  A wealth of information.

I'm sure others have more ideas to recommend, too......

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
     Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
                        http://www.TheMode.com