Re: Re[2]: Memory requirements for web-project

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Re[2]: Memory requirements for web-project
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Boris wrote:
> That sounds good, the only question left is the memory requiremend of
> apache per client, i do not completely understand the spawning things
> with Apache. On high load there are alway minimum 10 processes left,
> but where is the limit? Interesting thing.

I would like to recommend you use two machines. One for Apache/PHP and
another for the database. This would not only give you better performance,
but you would be able to scale where you need it without having to account
for two sides of the equation... in other words one of those two set of
operations (web vs DB) may be much higher of a bottleneck than the other.
Depending on your type of site and how heavy you use the DB you may even
find that the DB can catch up on a moderate setup while the apache/PHP
needs more hardware... or it could be totally the other way around.

It really has everything to do with your site and what it does.
How about telling you about the type of site and how will the DB be
involved in it.