Re: update in rule

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: update in rule
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
> SS> Use a trigger instead, something like
> SS>
> SS> create function adresses_trigger() returns opaque as '
> SS> begin
> SS>  NEW.date_maj := now();
> SS>  return NEW;
> SS> end;' language 'plpgsql';
>
> hmm. it seems defaul pgsql installation does not contains definition for
> plpgsql language:

Yeah, it's not added by default.

> My installation is 7.1.3 under FreeBSD 4-stable. Is it somehow my fault or
> does it need to manually do something like

The easiest way is to use the createlang script from the shell.
createlang plpgsql <database>

I think if you add the hander to template1 any new databases
will get it automatically (you'll have to add it to any existing
dbs though).

Сообщение: Re: "Can't Find any tables, sequences or indexes!" Message
Сообщение: Re: "Can't Find any tables, sequences or indexes!" Message