Re: Re: [ADMIN] v7.1b4 bad performance

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема Re: Re: [ADMIN] v7.1b4 bad performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Hannu Krosing wrote:

HK> > DM> I just done the experiment with increasing HZ to 1000 on my own machine
HK> > DM> (PII 374). Your test program reports 2 ms instead of 20. The other side
HK> > DM> of increasing HZ is surely more overhead to scheduler system. Anyway, it's
HK> > DM> a bit of data to dig into, I suppose ;-)
HK> > DM>
HK> > DM> Results for pgbench with 7.1b4: (BTW, machine is FreeBSD 4-stable on IBM
HK> > DM> DTLA IDE in ATA66 mode with tag queueing and soft updates turned on)
HK>
HK> Is this unmodified pgbench or has it Hiroshi tweaked behaviour of
HK> connecting each client to its own database, so that locking and such
HK> does not shade the possible benefits (was it about 15% ?) of delay>1

HK> also, IIRC Tom suggested running with at least -B 1024 if you can.

It was original pgbench. Maybe, duritng this weekend I'll make new kernel
with big SHM table and try to test with larger -B (for now, -B 256 is the
most I can set)

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***

Сообщение: Re: CommitDelay performance improvement
Сообщение: Re: CommitDelay performance improvement