Re: Re: Re: ALTER DROP COLUMN

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Re: Re: ALTER DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Fred Yankowski wrote:

> Or we can improve our tools so that changes aren't so painful to
> undertake.  PostgreSQL is a damn fine piece of work, and there are
> ways that it too could evolve to make it an even more powerful tool
> for doing what our customers need done, rather than just what is
> convenient for us to do.

There have been some questions about how to best do a drop column
which is a big reason there isn't a final implementation yet
(although there is some implementation in the code I believe
ifdefed out with _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__).  There are discussions about
this on -hackers a while back (sorry don't remember when).