Re: can't run pg_dump in sh script using crontab

От Jie Liang
Тема Re: can't run pg_dump in sh script using crontab
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hmm,

I run pg_dump with crontab seems OK.
I guess it might be some permission problem.
you may try your script with some debuging method like:
add set -x in your script and in cron pipe it to your email:
0    ??     *       *       *       youruser
fullpath/yourscript 2>&1| mail -s "test" yourmail@your.com

then you can figure out what's wrong.

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software
Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.stbernard.com
www.ipinc.com

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Kogotkov, Vyacheslav wrote:

>    Dear colleagues,
>
>    Besides I am new to Postgres, I am new to linux too.
>    I have a sh-script which run pg_dump by hand successfully. But
> I have no results when I run this script using crontab. I haven't got
> any error log.
>       Please, help me.
>       Here is my sh-script:
>
> #!/bin/sh