RE: Query much slower on 9.6.5 than on 9.3.5

От Rob Northcott
Тема RE: Query much slower on 9.6.5 than on 9.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Ron,

Thanks for that.  I did just run analyse and vacuum on the live database before I saw your message and it has sorted it out.

Do you think the analyse on its own would have cured it, or would it have been the vacuum? (vacuum took a long time).

Perhaps I should schedule a vacuum to run periodically to stop this happening again – I didn’t think it would be necessary because these aren’t particularly big or heavily-used databases, but it seems I was wrong.

Also, my assumption that downloading a backup and restoring it locally would replicate the problem would seem to be wrong.  Presumably the backup removes any dead stuff, so backup/restore has the same effect as a vacuum?

Anyway, looks like I was panicking prematurely, but thanks for the help anyway 😊

Rob